Zoom News Conference
Contact: Paul Mones
Former Student Files Sexual Abuse Lawsuit Against The Thacher School
Lawsuit Alleges She Was Sexually Abused On Numerous Occasions by a Thacher School Counselor and Coach
- Jennifer Christiansen Vurno, a former high school student at The Thacher School in Ojai, CA and her attorneys Paul Mones and Courtney Kiehl will present details of her lawsuit which alleges that she was sexually assaulted on numerous occasions when she was a student at the Thacher School in Ojai, CA.
- Vurno will discuss why she has chosen to be publicly named in the lawsuit rather than conceal her identity behind a “Doe” designation in order to encourage and empower other survivors to step forward.
- Unlike the majority of child sexual abuse cases filed in California, Ms. Vurno uses her name and face “to shed the dark cloak of shame and isolation that devours survivors of child sexual abuse.”
- The Complaint filed with the Ventura Superior Court can be accessed at this link: Filed Complaint
- Wednesday, November 30, 2022
10:30 am via Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85210266316
Meeting ID: 852 1026 6316
- Vurno can be available for in-person interviews.
13101 Washington Blvd. 2nd Fl. Los Angeles, CA 90066
Please Call in Advance to Arrange: 310-566-7418 or 503-706-7318
- News conference video available on YouTube after the Zoom event.